The Democracy Center offers coworking space for individuals and organizations who simply need a spot set up and work day to day
Read the below description of what we can offer and then click: book now!
Reserving a coworking spot means you receive 1 seat at a long table in 1 of 4 rooms in the center.
- You may request a reservation up to 7 days in advance through skedda
- Bookings are available from 9am-5 pm, Mon-Fri. Spots in particular rooms are assigned pending availability.
- Coworking schedules are confirmed Tues-Mon. Confirmations are emailed the Monday of the week of your reservation. For instance, if you submit a request on Wednesday the 15th for the following Tuesday (the 21st), you will receive a confirmation email on Monday (the 20th). Requests submitted during the week will be confirmed in the order they are received.
- You may cancel at any time without penalty.
- We request a donation of $5/day through cash, check (made out to the Foundation for Civic Leadership, Inc), or paypal.me/democracycenter. If you cannot afford to donate, that is also okay.
- Open office environment Hot desk format (rotating seats, none permanently assigned)
- Filtered water, coffee and tea in communal kitchen
- Limited fridge storage for lunches
- Central heating, window unit air conditioning in the Rosa Parks room and Library Outlets and extension cords
- Partial wheelchair access (no accessible bathroom on site; wheelchair users may use Daedalus’ accessible bathroom next door
We do not provide
- Dedicated workspace or storage
- Electronic equipment of any kind
- Central air conditioning (window units available in Rosa Parks and the Library)